Alteration to make more complete

How difficult to transition the code to this? I believe its ok, but not an expert so just wondering

• Super Easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat work

• Neutral

• Difficult

• Very Challenging

• Total voters
What you have here are a great set of tools to practice key mechanics on. I have seen over the months changes get added that add more to it and make the minigames even better/complete in what they are trying to achieve.

However, there is literally one thing in my mind that keeps nagging me, and the one thing that stop this from truly becoming better translation to actual league.

This should be a simple change overall. Right now, you have the map drawn in perspective. Even though it is simplistic, it is a good representation.
However, all player movement, enemy movement and ability movement are NOT in perspective, but top down.

It should be an easy fix where the grid the code bases it on is transformed into beign like a square to a parallegram. Essentially, a little perspective/angle the camera points at rather than directly top down. This would match the real game, not take too much effort and provide a much better translation of the practice to reall game.

To start with, simple strecthed isometric could be used, with how much stretch occurs defining the field. I'm sure this is doable, especially by the devs who have already made so much from the ground up.

What you have here are a great set of tools to practice key mechanics on. I have seen over the months changes get added that add more to it and make the minigames even better/complete in what they are trying to achieve.

However, there is literally one thing in my mind that keeps nagging me, and the one thing that stop this from truly becoming better translation to actual league.

This should be a simple change overall. Right now, you have the map drawn in perspective. Even though it is simplistic, it is a good representation.
However, all player movement, enemy movement and ability movement are NOT in perspective, but top down.

It should be an easy fix where the grid the code bases it on is transformed into beign like a square to a parallegram. Essentially, a little perspective/angle the camera points at rather than directly top down. This would match the real game, not take too much effort and provide a much better translation of the practice to reall game.

To start with, simple strecthed isometric could be used, with how much stretch occurs defining the field. I'm sure this is doable, especially by the devs who have already made so much from the ground up.
There is a problem with the rotation of character models. Currently it just rotates 2D object(or it looks like so). For isometric object you'll need 2.5D/3D model so probably it will require pretty much effort to do(create models, animate them properly etc). Also it might be hard to understand where skillshot vector goes if surroundings will stay 2d, so map also might require an update. And there's a question about how skillsots will behave in such environment(broken perspective may deceive player). Still, in theory such upgrade will improve overall experience if done well.